Insurance is essential to any comprehensive financial plan. If tragic events like death, disability or long-term illnesses occur, insurance can protect you and your family from undue hardship.
Cornerstone Wealth Management works with your insurance professional to find the most optimal risk management plan to meet the needs of your and your family.
In the event of death, life insurance offers surviving family members increased financial security. As a tax-free lump sum payment, it can pay for final expenses and debts, as well as provide income for the deceased’s dependents.
The advantages of life insurance include:
- An instant estate for your loved ones at a time when funds are most needed
- Death benefits that are almost always non-taxable for named beneficiaries
- Avoid probate costs if you name a beneficiary other than your estate
- Potentially offer your loved ones creditor protection through some life insurance plans
- Build tax-advantaged capital for retirement purposes or provide liquid savings through some permanent life insurance plans
Long-term Care & Disability Insurance
Help protect one of your most valuable assets from unexpected events through long-term care & disability insurance. Your assets are important for both current financial obligations (e.g. grocery bills and mortgage payments) and for future financial security (e.g. planning for your children’s education or for retirement). Just think what might happen if you suddenly had to start spending down your assets due to a long-term illness or disability. Long-term care and disability insurance products help protect your ability to earn an income and protect your assets for your loved ones.